🎃 Welcome to the spookiest skincare blog post of the season! 🎃
Have you ever come across viral TikTok videos showcasing skincare trends and treatments gone wrong? From chemical peels gone awry to failed laser treatments, these videos serve as cautionary tales of what can happen when skincare practices take a turn for the worse. In this blog post, we'll delve into some of the most shocking and cringe-worthy skincare mistakes captured on TikTok, reminding us of the importance of proper skincare practices and the potential consequences of following trends blindly.
Let's take a closer look at these viral videos that reveal the dark side of skincare.
Rubbing Alcohol: @hyram
@hyram MORE skin horror stories 😵😰 #publicinterview #askingstrangers #skincare ♬ Astro Beat - Staysee
In a viral interview video recorded by @hyram, a girl shares her horrifying experience of using rubbing alcohol as part of her skincare routine. She believed that it would help to control oil and prevent acne. However, this skincare mistake turned out to be extremely dangerous.
Rubbing alcohol, also known as isopropyl alcohol, is a harsh and drying substance that is not meant to be applied to the skin. It can strip away the skin's natural oils, leading to dryness, irritation, and even burns. Additionally, rubbing alcohol disrupts the skin's protective barrier, making it more susceptible to infections and other skincare issues.
Using rubbing alcohol as a skincare product is a prime example of why it's crucial to research and consult professionals before trying any new skincare trends. It's important to remember that not everything that gains popularity on social media is safe or beneficial for your skin. Prioritising evidence-based skincare practices and seeking guidance from dermatologists or skincare experts can help prevent such skincare horrors.
Chemical Peel Gone Wrong: @moon_bella15
@moon_bella15 Chemical peel gone wrong #emotional #chemicalpeel #fypシ #skin #skincare ♬ original sound - Lunaa_sky09
In a heartbreaking TikTok video by @moon_bella15, she shares her experience of a chemical peel gone wrong. Her skin appears red and is peeling badly, causing her immense discomfort and distress. This serves as a reminder of the potential risks associated with skincare treatments and the importance of understanding their proper usage.
If you find yourself in a similar situation, it's crucial to take immediate action to soothe and heal your skin. Here are some tips for treating a chemical peel gone wrong:
- Keep the skin hydrated: Apply a gentle, fragrance-free moisturiser to alleviate dryness and prevent further irritation. Look for moisturisers that contain soothing ingredients like aloe vera or hyaluronic acid.
- Avoid harsh products: Steer clear of exfoliants, scrubs, or any skincare products that may further aggravate your skin. Stick to gentle cleansers and non-irritating products.
- Protect your skin from the sun: After a chemical peel mishap, your skin becomes sensitive to sunlight. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with high SPF to shield your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Consult a specialist: If your skin continues to worsen or if you experience severe discomfort, it's essential to seek professional help. A dermatologist can examine your skin, provide appropriate treatment, and offer personalised advice for your specific situation.
It's important to remember that everyone's skin is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. When it comes to skincare treatments like chemical peels, it's best to consult with a qualified professional who can assess your skin type, recommend suitable treatments, and guide you through the process.
By sharing her story, @moon_bella15 reminds us to approach skincare treatments with caution and to prioritise our skin's health and safety above all else. Let's learn from her experience and ensure that we make informed decisions about our skincare routines, always seeking professional advice when needed.
Failed Laser Treatment: @clareschimpl
@clareschimpl Replying to @👹 UPDATE - skin is peeling off and dealing with extreme itchiness. Dermatologist have said burns look superficial, like grade one burns and the white postage stamp marks will take Weeks to months to recover. #lasertreatment #surgerytiktok #fail #skimtreatment ♬ Fall In Love Alone - Sped Up Version - Stacey Ryan
In a distressing TikTok video shared by @clareschimpl, she opens up about her painful experience with a laser treatment gone wrong. The video showcases her chest area, which has suffered severe burns and is now peeling due to the clinic's incorrect use of the laser setting. This unfortunate incident serves as a stark reminder of the potential risks associated with laser treatments and the importance of thorough research and choosing reputable professionals.
If you find yourself in a similar situation, it's crucial to prioritise the healing and recovery of your skin. Here are some steps to take if you have had a laser treatment mishap:
- Seek immediate medical attention: If you experience severe pain or notice significant burns, it's important to consult a medical professional as soon as possible. They can assess the extent of the damage and provide appropriate medical treatment.
- Keep the area clean and moisturised: After a laser treatment gone wrong, it's essential to keep the affected area clean to prevent infection. Gently cleanse the area with a mild, fragrance-free cleanser and apply a soothing moisturizer to alleviate discomfort and promote healing.
- Avoid picking or peeling the skin: It can be tempting to pick at or peel the damaged skin, but doing so can delay the healing process and potentially cause further damage. Allow the skin to naturally shed and heal on its own.
- Protect the area from the sun: Laser-treated skin is particularly vulnerable to sun damage. Protect the affected area by covering it with clothing or applying a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF.
- Consult a trusted professional for future treatments: To avoid similar incidents in the future, it's crucial to choose reputable clinics and experienced practitioners for laser treatments. Research extensively, read reviews, and ask for recommendations from trusted sources. Take the time to consult with professionals who can assess your skin type, discuss your concerns, and recommend appropriate treatments.
Remember, accidents can happen even in professional settings, but it's essential to prioritise your well-being and seek appropriate assistance when needed. By sharing her story, @clareschimpl highlights the importance of being cautious and well-informed when undergoing any skincare procedure.
We empathise with @clareschimpl and hope that her experience serves as a valuable lesson for both individuals seeking laser treatments and the professionals who administer them. Let's prioritise our safety, research diligently, and choose practitioners who prioritise our skin's health and well-being above all else.
Falling Asleep With Face Mask on: @ultimatebykomi
@ultimatebykomi The late reactions 😭 (@aubrey via @ARK Media) #facemask #skincare #skincarefail #ohno ♬ original sound - ULTIMATE
In a comical yet relatable TikTok video by @ultimatebykomi, she shares her hilarious experience of falling asleep with a face mask on that has hardened and become difficult to remove. While this may seem funny, there are potential risks associated with leaving a face mask on for too long and letting it dry completely.
Leaving a face mask on for an extended period can lead to excessive dryness and tightness, making it challenging to remove without causing discomfort or irritation to the skin. Additionally, some face masks contain ingredients that can clog pores or cause allergic reactions if left on for too long.
If you find yourself in a similar situation, here are some lighthearted tips to safely remove a hardened face mask:
- Embrace your inner superhero: Pretend you're a superhero with a secret power to remove the mask effortlessly. It's all about having fun and turning a potentially frustrating moment into an amusing adventure.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate: Apply a damp, warm washcloth to your face to rehydrate the mask and soften it. This will make it easier to remove without tugging or pulling on the skin.
- Take it slow and steady: Gently massage the mask in circular motions while rinsing with lukewarm water. This will gradually loosen and dissolve the mask, allowing for a smoother removal process.
- Moisturise like there's no tomorrow: Once the mask is completely removed, treat your skin to a generous amount of moisturiser. This will help replenish hydration and restore any lost moisture.
Remember, while falling asleep with a face mask on can be amusing, it's essential to practice safe skincare habits. Always follow the instructions provided with the face mask and never leave it on for longer than the recommended time. Taking care of your skin is a balancing act between having fun and ensuring its health and well-being.
@ultimatebykomi's funny mishap serves as a gentle reminder to approach our skincare routines with a touch of humour and to prioritise the well-being of our skin. Let's learn from her experience and enjoy our skincare adventures while keeping our skin happy and healthy.
Microneedling gone wrong: @nikkidelucafitness
@nikkidelucafitness Is my fave ruined?! 😫 #microneedling #microneedlingface #microneedlingtreatment #microneedlinggonewrong #skincare #microneedlingbeforeandafter #fyp #whatdoido #skinroutine #southflorida ♬ BIG MAD - Ktlyn
In a TikTok video shared by @nikkidelucafitness, she reveals the unfortunate aftermath of a microneedling treatment gone wrong. The video showcases scratches and marks on her skin caused by the clinician dragging the needle instead of blotting it. This experience serves as a reminder of the potential risks associated with skincare procedures and the importance of choosing skilled professionals.
If you find yourself in a similar situation, it's crucial to prioritise the healing and recovery of your skin. Here are some steps to take if you have had a microneedling mishap:
- Seek immediate medical attention: If you notice severe scratches or marks on your skin, it's important to consult a dermatologist or medical professional. They can assess the extent of the damage and provide appropriate medical treatment.
- Keep the area clean and protected: Cleanse the affected area gently with a mild, fragrance-free cleanser and apply a healing ointment or moisturiser recommended by your dermatologist. Protect the area from further irritation by avoiding harsh skincare products and excessive sun exposure.
- Be patient with the healing process: Recovery time can vary depending on the severity of the scratches and your skin's healing capabilities. It's crucial to be patient and allow your skin to heal naturally. Avoid picking or scratching the affected area, as this can prolong the recovery process and potentially cause further damage.
- Consult a trusted professional for future treatments: To avoid similar incidents in the future, it's crucial to choose reputable clinics and experienced practitioners for microneedling treatments. Research extensively, read reviews, and ask for recommendations from trusted sources. Take the time to consult with professionals who can assess your skin type, discuss your concerns, and recommend appropriate treatments.
We empathise with @nikkidelucafitness and hope that her experience serves as a valuable lesson for both individuals seeking microneedling treatments and the professionals who perform them. It's important to approach skincare procedures with caution, prioritize the well-being of your skin, and choose practitioners who prioritize safety and expertise.
Please remember that everyone's skin is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. If you have any concerns or experience adverse reactions, it's crucial to seek professional advice from a dermatologist or medical expert. They can provide personalised guidance and recommend suitable treatments for your specific situation.
Let's learn from @nikkidelucafitness's experience and prioritise our skin's health and safety above all else. By being diligent and well-informed, we can navigate the world of skincare with confidence and protect our skin from potential mishaps.
Sun Burn Fluid Bubbles: @purelypeeling
@purelypeeling Skin peel 😯🛌 #skinpeel #skinpeeling #peelingskin #deadskin #skincareasmr ♬ Sunshine (Extended Mix) - TIEKS
In a shocking TikTok video posted by @purelypeeling, an unknown girl showcases the aftermath of severe sunburn, resulting in large bubbles filled with fluid on her skin. This distressing sight serves as a stark reminder of the potential dangers of sunburn and the importance of protecting our skin from harmful UV radiation.
Sunburn occurs when the skin is exposed to excessive ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun or other sources, such as tanning beds. It can range from mild redness and discomfort to more severe symptoms like blistering, swelling, and pain. Sunburn not only damages the top layer of the skin but also increases the risk of long-term skin problems, including premature aging and skin cancer.
If you or someone you know experiences severe sunburn with water bubbles, it's crucial to take immediate action to alleviate discomfort and promote healing. Here are some steps to follow:
- Seek shade and cool the skin: Move to a shaded area or indoors to avoid further sun exposure. Apply a cool compress or take a cool bath or shower to help soothe the burnt skin. Avoid using ice directly on the skin, as it can cause further damage.
- Hydrate and moisturise: Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, as sunburn can dehydrate the body. Apply a gentle, fragrance-free moisturiser or aloe vera gel to the affected area to help soothe and moisturise the skin.
- Avoid popping the water bubbles: Although it may be tempting to pop the water bubbles, it's important to resist the urge. Popping them can increase the risk of infection and slow down the healing process. Let the bubbles heal naturally.
- Over-the-counter pain relief: If you experience pain or discomfort, you can take over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen, following the recommended dosage instructions.
- Protect the skin from further damage: After severe sunburn, the skin becomes even more susceptible to UV radiation. Avoid sun exposure and cover the affected area with loose clothing or a clean bandage. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF to any exposed skin.
It's essential to learn from this unfortunate incident and take measures to prevent future sunburns. Here are some tips to protect your skin from the harmful effects of UV radiation:
- Apply sunscreen: Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30, and reapply every two hours or after swimming or sweating.
- Seek shade: Limit your time in the sun, especially during peak hours when the sun's rays are the strongest (typically between 10 am and 4 pm).
- Wear protective clothing: Cover your skin with clothing, such as long sleeves, pants, wide-brimmed hats, and sunglasses with UV protection.
- Avoid tanning beds: Tanning beds emit UV radiation, which can be as harmful as the sun. Opt for safer alternatives like self-tanning lotions if you desire a tan.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep your body and skin hydrated, especially when spending time outdoors.
If you notice severe symptoms, such as extreme pain, fever, or signs of infection, it's essential to seek medical attention. A healthcare professional can assess the severity of the sunburn and provide appropriate treatment and guidance based on your specific situation.
Let's learn from the video shared by @purelypeeling and prioritise the health and safety of our skin. By taking preventive measures, practicing sun-safe behaviours, and seeking prompt treatment for sunburn, we can minimise the risks and enjoy the sun responsibly.
Remember, prevention is the best defense against sunburn and its potential complications. Take care of your skin, stay sun-safe, and cherish the beautiful moments under the sun while keeping your skin healthy and protected.
🎃👻 Trick or Treat! Halloween Special Offer! 👻🎃
As we bid farewell to our spooky skincare horrors, we have a special treat for you this Halloween season. 🎉🎃
To show our appreciation for your readership, we are offering a 10% discount on all skincare products and treatments when you use the code HALLOWEEN10 at checkout. 🛍️💆♀️💅
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to pamper yourself and revamp your skincare routine with high-quality products and expert treatments. Whether you're looking for gentle cleansers, nourishing moisturisers, or rejuvenating facials, we have everything you need to make your skin glow like a jack-o'-lantern! 🎃✨
Hurry, this offer is only valid for a limited time. Grab your cauldron and brew up some magic for your skin this Halloween season. 🧙♀️🔮
Happy Halloween from all of us! Stay safe, have fun, and keep your skin looking boo-tiful! 🎃👻
Disclaimer: This offer cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Valid until 01/11/23.
, by Dr Storm Team Exploring the Skin Barrier: Gaining Insights from Aesthetic and Skincare Expert Dr. Storm
, by Dr Storm Team How to: Establish a Skincare Routine (for Teens) - A Step-by-Step Guide to Clear and Healthy Skin
, by Dr Storm Team How to: keep your skin glowing through the autumn months